users@glassfish.java.net

NTLM and Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:35:43 PDT

Hello I am searching a long time in the internet to solve the following problem maybe someone can help me....

Problem:
I have a glassfish server with a web application running on it. This application is for my company. So every employee is in a active directory and has a uniqe user-id and the computers are in the same domain.
What I'm trying to do is to recognize each person automatically in the web-application with NTLM. This part is already done and I can get the username/domain/host from each workstation/user. This was the easy part.

The next step is to take this username and read some other information from the AD such like e-mail, tel number, personal id, complete name and so on. This is a problem since I want to use only NTLM this means without a login module or any other kind of username/passwort input. With a login-module it works because everyone can enter his username and password but i trying to create a kind of automatic authentication on the webapplicaiton and to show automatic information from each employee on it ....

Is this possible with glassfish - LDAP - NTLM - JAVA My wish is to remove the login-module from the web-application so that the user is authenticated automatically and do not need to enter his password again since he has when he logged in first time on windows.

mfg Balihodzic Almir
[Message sent by forum member 'amebali' (amebali)]