users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF v2.1 - Application Client, and Eclipselink

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:42:56 PDT

Thanks for the reply Tim!

I put the eclipselink jar in the ext folder, added the following lines to the manifest.mf file of my application client jar:
> Extension-List: eclipselink
> eclipselink-Extension-Name: org.eclipse.persistence
> eclipselink-Specification-Version: 1.1.1

To meet this dependency and get the ear to deploy, I had to add this line to the manifest.mf file of the eclipselink jar:
> Extension-Name: org.eclipse.persistence

Then, on deploying the ear, I got this error in the Glassfish server.log
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/persistence/spi/PersistenceProvider

So I added javaee.jar to the ext/lib folder, and changed the client manifest to:
> Extension-List: eclipselink javaee
> eclipselink-Extension-Name: org.eclipse.persistence
> eclipselink-Specification-Version: 1.1.1
> javaee-Extension-Name: javaee
> javaee-Specification-Version: 5.0

(I had to also put the Extension-Name in the javaee.jar)

After all this, restarting glassfish, and redeploying the ear, I still get the error:
> WARNING: "IOP00810257: (MARSHAL) Could not load class org.eclipse.persistence.indirection.IndirectList"

Is there anything else I should try?
[Message sent by forum member 'bleathem' (bleathem)]