users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3 preview: iiop-listener / ORB not started

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 06:05:46 -0700

Soon we will be adding a lazy initialization of the ORB. The 3700 port
will be open and if there is incoming network activity on the port,
the ORB will be automatically started. All of that independently if a
remote EJB has been deployed or not.

That will allow us to maintain a fast startup yet have the ORB started
on demand.

Jerome