users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sending exception by email after happen in GlassFish

From: NBW <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 17:09:06 -0400

The Log4J package has the ability to e-mail exceptions and is OSS. You can
find the details here - http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/index.html

IMOP its a better package then JDK logging.

You can instrument your web application / EJBs with it and you would be able
to e-mail the exception they generate. What you won't get with it are
exceptions thrown by the GF server itself since it doesn't use Log4J.

Here's a WIKI entry on the subject -

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqCongifureLog4J

-Noah