users@glassfish.java.net

v3 preview: iiop-listener / ORB not started

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:36:07 PDT

I'm banging my head on this for hours:

The ORB doesn't start to listen on 3700 or any other port I configure.
Tcpview shows that the port ist free and "telnet localhost 3700" doesn't connect. Not before starting GF and but unfortunately not after startup, too.

Stock glassfish v3 preview - fresh downloaded and unpacked. I tried both
glassfish-v3-preview-windows.exe and
glassfish-v3-preview-b59.zip.
System: WinXP SP2
JDK 1.6.0_16

Admin-Console and :8080 works fine!
server.log shows no errors. I turned up the log level - nothing.

===========
c:\dev\glassfishv3b59\glassfish\bin>asadmin start-domain domain1

Waiting for DAS to start.
Name of the domain started: [domain1] and
its location: [C:\dev\glassfishv3b59\glassfish\domains\domain1].
Admin port for the domain: [4848].
Command start-domain executed successfully.

c:\dev\glassfishv3b59\glassfish\bin>

I have my server.log and domain.xml attached.

Please help! :)

-Matthias
[Message sent by forum member 'matthiasfraass' (matthiasfraass)]