users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with JMX Connector on Glassfish v2.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 05:42:53 PDT

Hi, vkoniecz !
>>Did you check whether a socket was listening or not on the jmx connector port ?
Yes, I did.
__________________________
nmap 172.31.221.231 -p 8686
Starting Nmap 4.20 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2009-08-18 16:30 MSD
Interesting ports on socbus (172.31.221.231):
PORT STATE SERVICE
8686/tcp open unknown
netstat -a | grep 8686
tcp6 0 0 [::]:8686 [::]:* LISTEN

>>In the first posts, there was a class B private network IP address specified. This kind of addresses has some specific properties. Did you pay attention to this ?
No,didn't. What do I need to pay attention to? Also as I said before, I can connect to Glassfish if it is running on Windows.

>>Did you try a ping or a traceroute to verify that the server was remotely reachable ?
I can connect to the server via ssh and also I can ping it.

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'amarok' (amarok)]