users@glassfish.java.net

RE: jdbcRealm authentication problem

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:05:28 -0400

your domain.xml *should* display something like this jdbc resource defined:

connection-creation-retry-attempts=0 means it will try only once
connection-creation-retry-interval-in-seconds="10" wait for 10 seconds before reconn

    <jdbc-connection-pool allow-non-component-callers="false" associate-with-thread="false" connection-creation-retry-attempts="0"
connection-creation-retry-interval-in-seconds="10" connection-leak-reclaim="false" connection-leak-timeout-in-seconds="0" connection-validation-method="auto-commit" datasource-classname="org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDataSource" fail-all-connections="false" idle-timeout-in-seconds="300" is-connection-validation-required="false" is-isolation-level-guaranteed="false" lazy-connection-association="false" lazy-connection-enlistment="false" match-connections="false" max-connection-usage-count="0" max-pool-size="32" max-wait-time-in-millis="60000" name="DerbyPool" non-transactional-connections="false" pool-resize-quantity="2" res-type="javax.sql.DataSource" statement-timeout-in-seconds="-1" steady-pool-size="8" validate-atmost-once-period-in-seconds="0" wrap-jdbc-objects="false">
      <property name="PortNumber" value="PortNumber"/>
      <property name="Password" value="NoWorkHereByeBye"/>
      <property name="User" value="Biff"/>
      <property name="serverName" value="localhost"/>
      <property name="DatabaseName" value="sun-appserv-samples"/>
      <property name="connectionAttributes" value=";create=true"/>
    </jdbc-connection-pool>

<!--put in any necessary connectionAttributes at connectionAttributes attribute -->

Martin Gainty