users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What is the future of glassfish

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:52:10 +0200

On Aug 17, 2009, at 10:15, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Thanks Alexis!
>
> Maybe I'm not looking correctly, but http://www.sun.com/service/eosl/software.jsp
> doesn't really say anything specific to the EOSL for GlassFish 2.x.x

Right, it doesn't mention GlassFish Enterprise specifically. Look for
the "Java Enterprise System Software" category.
The timelines (1 + 4 years) kick off 5 years after the last ship date.
So that's 10 years from the moment Sun stops selling it.
Given 2.1.1 hasn't shipped yet, we're talking something like 2022
before you're totally on your own...

-Alexis