users@glassfish.java.net

Blocked RMI Threads

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:43:44 PDT

I have a situation where several threads block in RMI. How do I determine from the jvm.log (got it with kill -3) what's blocked and why?

The threads are attached.

The situation around this is a development glassfish v2.1 (9.1.1 b60e). I have two Swing clients trying to call session bean to save an entity. Simple stuff, but I can consistently reproduce this hang. If left alone, it will unfreeze after several minutes (less than 10 usually). I'm guessing that it gets out of this situation because of a timeout.
[Message sent by forum member 'culli' (culli)]