users@glassfish.java.net

JMS Property Indexing for Message Selectors

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:58:22 PDT

Hi everyone,

I'm using Glassfish 2.1 and I'm building an application that generated many JMS messages (hundreds of thousands). I'm finding that it can take a relatively long time to match messages using message selectors. I haven't looked into how message selectors are implemented in OpenMQ but my guess is that it is inspecting each message in turn to test whether it matches the message selector??? Before I go hunting too far, is there any way to index the messages based on properties?

Thanks,

--Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'christopherrued' (christopherrued)]