users@glassfish.java.net

Multiple entry point (mainclass) for application client jar

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:54:01 PDT

How do I set up multiple entry points in an application client jar?

I am using Glassfish application server. I can grab the client using

     asadmin get-client-stubs --appname APPLICATION_NAME .

I currently can run the default mainclass that I have specified in the MANIFEST.MF. However, I want to be able to specify another mainclass at runtime.

ie

    appclient -client MYJAR.jar -mainclass com.mystuff.Main1
    and
    appclient -client MYJAR.jar -mainclass com.mystuff.Main2

Both Main1 and Main2 have "public static void main" entry points.

If I specify a mainclass that is not in MANIFEST.MF, I get the following exception:

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not locate an embedded app client matching the main class name

Do I need to make any changes to have the appclient reference other mainclasses?
[Message sent by forum member 'tazzy531' (tazzy531)]