users@glassfish.java.net

War deployment question

From: Comerford, Sean <Sean.Comerford_at_espn3.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:28:29 +0000

When I execute asadmin deploy myApp.war, it seems that that the
corresponding directory ($GF_HOME/applications/j2ee-modules/myApp) is always
deleted before asadmin unzips my war there once again.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

That is I just want the contents of my war to overlay what is already in
$GF_HOME/applications/j2ee-modules/myApp... I do NOT want that directory
deleted.

This is b/c I have JSP-like template classes that take a loooonnnnng time to
generate that are stored in (for example)
$GF_HOME/applications/j2ee-modules/myApp/WEB-INF/myTemplateClasses.

Since asadmin deploy always deletes the entire myApp directory, every time I
deploy a small change to my war it takes an hour to restart b/c the JSP-like
pages have to be re-compiled.

I thought maybe asadmin deploy ‹force=true might do what I wanted but
doesnąt seem to.

Any ideas?

--
Sean Comerford, Software Engineer