users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish JMS Cluster Load Balancing Unpredictable

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:38:28 PDT

> consumerFlowLimit for your topic "preprocessedQ" to
> 100.
>
> >>The connection factory property
> imqConsumerFlowLimit is still its default value,
> which is 1000.
>
> [b]How do I set imqConsumerFlowLimit ??[/b]

You can't. That's a limitation of the jmsra resource adapter which will be fixed in 4.4/2.1.1. So we're stuck with the default of 1000.

However I would expect you to be able to configure consumer flow control by defining the corresponding property on the destination. According to the documentation, the lower value of the two is used.

(Just to reiterate, when configured in the broker the name of the property is slightly different: the property used for auto-created queues is imq.autocreate.queue.consumerFlowLimit. The property used for autocreated topics is imq.autocreate.topic.consumerFlowLimit. The destination property used for pre-configured queues and topics is consumerFlowLimit.)

Nigel
[Message sent by forum member 'nigeldeakin' (nigeldeakin)]