users@glassfish.java.net

Unexpected behaviour of JPA EclipseLink?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 03:50:01 PDT

I've made the following steps:

1. An JPA annotated entity class A was written;
2. The class had been wrapped as an OSGi bundle (or hk2-jar);
3. A stand-alone EJB jar had been made with only a "META-INF/persistence.xml" resource inside. The class A had been referenced from "META-INF/persistence.xml" but it wasn't placed into the EJB;
4. The bundle (OSGi or hk2-jar - it doesn't matter) had been deployed to GlassFish v3 b55 environment;
5. The EJB module had been deployed to the same running instance of GlassFish Application Server.

Now, we can get the entities A (as a part of OSGi/hk2 bundle) from any running J2EE application with using of EclipseLink JPA.

The question is:
Could we classify this behaviour of EclipseLink JPA as a bug or as a feature? Could we rely on such behaviour of EclipseLink JPA in future?
[Message sent by forum member 'vektor79' (vektor79)]