users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v3 virtual host problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 11:54:30 PDT

Hi,

I have installed the latest promoted build glassfish-v3-web-b56-07_16_2009.zip, and performed all the updates but I am having a weird problem with virtual hosts, can somebody help.

1. I was developing an application and I used to admin panel to deploy my application (i.e. I browsed to the EAR and deployed that way). I also set the deployed war within the ear as the default web application for a virtial server I created.
2. OK, this was all working OK. But it was a pain to have to keep browsing for my EAR everytime I wanted to redploy so I instead decided to undeploy the app and then copy the EAR to the autodeploy (as part of of my build process).
3. Now everytime I try to auto deploy, it keeps saying that the context "/artemis" is alread assigned to an existing web application (remember I undeployed the app before I started using the autodeploy folder).
4. OK, so I shut everything down. Deleted all instances of my EAR, and tried again. Same error appears.
5. Now I grep for my application name under the whole of glassfish, nothing found (i.e. no config file that I could change).

Now there is no mention of my application in the admin tool, it's nowhere under glassfish, no config file mentions it, but everytime I deploy my app it keeps complaining that another webapp is already deployed under that context.

The only thing I have done is to move from deploying via the admin tool, to using the autodeploy folder (which by the way doesn't auto deploy at the moment on startup I to touch the EAR to get it to pick it up).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards.
[Message sent by forum member 'arshadm' (arshadm)]