users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JRoR WAR deployment to GF3 fails

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:03:25 -0700

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Vivek Pandey<Vivek.Pandey_at_sun.com> wrote:

>> Using the standard Goldspike servlet runner (packaged by Warbler).

> It is jruby-rack and not Goldspike servlet. On GlassFish v3 server there are
> 2 ways you can run a Rails/Sinatra/Merb or any rack compliant  application.

Actually, the main (legacy) app I'm trying to run *doesn't* run on
GF3 without the goldspike servlet being included.

I'm experimenting with a minimal app right now to see what the
issue might be, but -- see next comment

> 1. Just run your jRuby/Rack application without any special packaging by
> simply deploying on glassfish v3 server.

> $ asadmin deploy yourRailsAppDir/

After deploying the minimal app via command line as above, it
can't find its db driver jar (which is in the ./lib dir). How to specify?
(The admin console shows the app, but I can't see a way to add
a library there.)

> 2. Use warbler gem, which uses jruby-rack, to create a WAR file and deploy
> on GlassFish v3 or v2.

My legacy app uses warbler-0.9.5 as a plugin, but it includes the
goldspike jar by default. My jruby-rack version is 1.0.0. Thoughts?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
twitter: @hassan