users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish JMS Cluster Load Balancing Unpredictable

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 08:44:03 PDT

Hi ,
I have a 2 machine GF Cluster(say M1 and M2).The instances are set to have equal weight (50-50) . I have a MDB listening to a Topic . I sent a Bulk of Messages(Approx. 3000) from another standalone Java Program to this topic. My problem here is the messages are not evenly distributed. One machine (say M1) gets a big chunk of messages ( aprrox 2200) and the other one(say M2) gets around 500 messages. I can see that CPU utilzation of M1 is almost 100% and for the M2 is almost none. My JMS settings are pretty much the default ones..JMS running in LOCAL mode ..I tried changing the Adress list behaviour priority to random., But to no noticable effect. Any help??
[Message sent by forum member 'subodh_subu' (subodh_subu)]