users@glassfish.java.net

Remote Web Application Deployment/Control

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:11:45 PDT

We are currently beginning to run Glassfish in some development environments and we are trying to work out some deployment issues. We have our own deployment system so actually deploying our snapshot is worked out over SSH. The problem is being able to remotely stop and start the webapp programmatically. Is there some way to utilize admin-cli.jar or some other module to remotely stop and start the web app so our deployment can transfer the files? Does anyone have any other ways of remotely stopping and starting the web app programmatically? I would like to not have to have a local glassfish installations also and we are not using Netbeans. We are testing right now with V3 Prelude. Any input would be appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'chrisjasp' (chrisjasp_at_gmail.com)]