users@glassfish.java.net

How to start the server with a disabled HTTP listener

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 07:47:16 PDT

We want to start the Glassfish server with a disabled HTTP listener and enable it later when our application framework is completely started. But using the asadmin command we can disable the listener only when the server is fully started:

  asadmin ... set server.http-service.http-listener.http-listener-1.enabled=false

We could also issue this command before the server is shut down in order to have it disabled on next start. But if the server crashes this listener would stay enabled.

Is there any way to disable the listener during server startup, ie using a life cylce module and some AMX calls?

Being grateful for any pointers, Jörg
[Message sent by forum member 'jthoennes' (jthoennes)]