users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploying to a cluster with no downtime

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 07:26:19 PDT

Sorry my question is more about application deployment. If I install a web application via the admin-gui to a cluster how would I go about upgrading that application without downtime. Thanks for the quiescing docs but that talks about getting an instance out of the load balancer so once that's done I don't see a way to deploy a new .war to a single cluster instance. If the only option is to deploy the new .war to the cluster that implies there will be some period of downtime as the update will go both to the quiesced instance and the live instance which is receiving traffic? Is there a better way?
[Message sent by forum member 'dbsquared' (dbsquared)]