users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do I start an embedded GFv3 preview server in b56?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:34:58 PDT

Thanks, Jerome. I'll give it a try. I am trying to set up unit tests, along the lines of http://www.adam-bien.com/roller/abien/entry/embedding_glassfish_v3_in_unit.

Right now, I am struggling with how to get access to the managed beans and session beans in my application. I suppose I can get at the session beans with JNDI. But how do I get a reference to a JSF managed bean? A JSR 299 web bean?

Or is Adam's approach not workable? I suppose I can run the unit test in the server, kicked off by a servlet, and then kick off the servlet somehow. Ok, how?

Thanks,

Cay
[Message sent by forum member 'cayhorstmann' (cayhorstmann)]