users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Need advice on the Glassfish Classloaders!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:14:10 PDT

I should add that this has nothing to do with ClassLoaders. However, if you require a newer
version of the OMG APIs than is in JDK 5/6, you will need to use the endorsed standards
override mechanism in the JDK to replace the classes. That SHOULD work, without breaking
the EJB container, as the OMG APIs have been carefully designed for backwards compatibility.
But we have not tested replacing the OMG APIs (an entirely different matter than using a
different ORB implementation).
[Message sent by forum member 'kcavanaugh' (kcavanaugh)]