users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JDBC-Connection-Pool driver versions

From: Dougal Fraser <Dougal.Fraser_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:10:16 +1200
Thanks for your feedback everybody,
I will go with multiple domains as:
  1. This is in line with my deployment strategy.
  2. This is easier than messing around with EAR files.
  3. We have all sorts of chaos talking to oracle 8 using XML and clobs regardless of what driver we use (oracle or third party).  I appreciate the in-depth info on oracle drivers, it will no-doubt come in handy in the future.
Regards,
Dougal

Dougal Fraser wrote:
Hi everybody,
I have a need to connect to Oracle databases of different versions.  Because of various Oracle quirks, I need to use different versions of the oracle JDBC driver.  Both versions have the same driver class name and use URLs of the same format.
I use components that refer to database resources using JNDI.  Is it possible to specify classpaths individually for JDBC connection pools?

At the moment my current solution is to put system components requiring the old version into a separate domain, which is undesirable.

Regards,
Dougal
--
Dougal Fraser