users@glassfish.java.net

JPA - A Complex Relationship Scenario. Help!!!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:14:14 PDT

Hello friends,

I am currently stuck in a complex scenario which I am not yet able to solve with JPA 1.0

The problem statement is as follows -

The domain objects concerned in this scenario are User, Mentor, Topic. User U1 can be a Mentor M1 of other User U2 in a particular Topic T1. Again, the same user U1 can also be a Mentor M2 for another User U3 in a Topic T2. Also, User U2 can be a mentor M3 of a fourth User U4 for a Topic T3. As if this was not complex enough, now, User U2 can again be a Mentor M4 for User U1 and U3 in Topic T4.

Can anyone help me in implementing this use case in JPA?

Thanks and Regards

Sam
[Message sent by forum member 'digitalsam007' (digitalsam007)]