users@glassfish.java.net

Re: WedavServlet custom Directory

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:25:35 -0700

On 07/15/09 01:16 AM, Serge Fonville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently in the process of setting up a webdav resource on
> glassfish. I noticed it uses
> org.apache.catalina.servlets.WebdavServlet .
> I was wondering if it was possible to define a different source
> directory for all the files. I do not want to share the webapp dir.
>
> Is this at all possible with this implementation or do I need to use
> another one?

No, this is not supported as a configuration option on the |WebdavServlet|.
See

  http://blogs.sun.com/swchan/entry/webdav_in_glassfish

for the configurable init params of the WebdavServlet, which are
|"debug", "listings", and "readonly".

However, depending on your servlet-mapping(s) for the WebdavServlet,
alternate docroots might work for you.
See

  http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/alternate_docroots_in_web_applications
  http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/alternate_docroots_and_local_resource