users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Remote Message Queue Configuration?

From: Nigel Deakin <Nigel.Deakin_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:13:25 +0100

Adam,

Adam Jenkins wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm want to change my ejb application from using a local queue, to using a remote instances of imqbrokerd. At the moment I'm using resource annotations within the EJB
>
> @Resource(mappedName="jms/MyQueueConnectionFactory") and @Resource(mappedName="jms/MyQueue")
>
> I want to modify this to use a remote queue, can someone point me at a list post or any doco that shows how to configure sun-ejb-jar.xml to point to a remote message queue, and then what to use in the @Resource declaration?

You need to configure the "addressList" property of the connection factory.

The format of addressList is described in the MQ documentation, but would typically be something like hostname:port

You would typically configure connection factory properties using asadmin or the admin console, rather than in your
application.

You can also specify it in sun-resources.xml (if you're using that to define your connection factories)

If you need further pointers, just ask.

Nigel