users@glassfish.java.net

EJB and JMS reconnection at network failure

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 05:30:43 PDT

Hello,

I connect remotely to a GF using JMS and EJB.
My problem is that these are long-term connections (weeks), and these days our network is dying, so these conns simply fail. I don't know how to reconnect JMS resources and my EJB reference. Is there some official/automatic way to reconnection?

Other question: I have a stateful EJB. How could I force it to not timeout on server side? It goes down after the timeout, so client-side reference goes invalid in a silent way. Should I "ping" that EJB from time to time? Or something else? :)

Thx!
MB
[Message sent by forum member 'mbazs' (mbazs)]