users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Error creating a JDBC Connection Pools through the Admin Console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 18:35:44 PDT

I found the answer to this, given by Jagadish Prasath.

Apparently the ThreadPoolManagerImpl(ThreadGroup) constructor is unavailable in
jdk1.6.0_14... which is the JDK version I am using in my Linux machine.

The constructor is on the other hand available in jdk1.6.0_12.

v2 :
http://kenai.com/projects/gf-corba-v3-mirror/sources/gfv2-master/content/src/share/classes/com/sun/corba/se/impl/orbutil/threadpool/ThreadPoolManagerImpl.java?rev=7
v3 :
http://kenai.com/projects/gf-corba-v3-mirror/sources/master/content/src/share/classes/com/sun/corba/se/impl/orbutil/threadpool/ThreadPoolManagerImpl.java?rev=164

So I installed jdk1.6.0_12 and it's all working now; I can configure the JDBC Connection Pools without problems from the GlassFish Admin Console.

But I am amazed no-one ran into this problem too!
Plus I cannot use the latest JDK...
[Message sent by forum member 'alecaste' (alecaste)]