users@glassfish.java.net

Possible to set http listener with web application at / context?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 09:25:25 PDT

I've been banging my head against this problem, so I thought before I start making too many changes or add any more frustration, I should ask whether it is even possible.

I have a Glassfish V3 Prelude server set up on our environment that is listening on port 8070. Specific to this, I have deployed Hudson to it at context /hudson.

So, the Hudson application can be reached at:

http://localhost:8070/hudson

Is it possible to set a specific http listener to be dedicated to only one web application? Can I configure Glassfish in such a way that to get to Hudson on the app server I could go to http://localhost:8070/ and to go to another application running on that server at http://localhost:<someotherPort>/ ?

I've basically been messing around with http-listeners and virtual servers with no luck. The best I can get is an http listener that when I go to http://localhost:8070/ I get the Glassfish welcome screen.

Some details regarding limitations:

- I am running as a specific user (not root)
- I can't use port 80, thus 8070 or whatever.
- I have full control of the Glassfish server outside of those two limitations.
[Message sent by forum member 'klauern' (klauern)]