users@glassfish.java.net

how to tune keep alive for a stateless webapp deployed to a cluster?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 08:40:02 PDT

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice with respect to tuning the glassfish v2 keep alive subsystem.

We have a webapp that is completely stateless (ie. no http session at all). It is deployed to a multi instance cluster, and we are using apache mod_proxy_balancer to balance requests.

In this case, my feeling is that keep alive should be turned off. Since there is no session stickyness, I am assuming that apache will send subsequent requests to different instances every time (especially if keep alive is disabled in apache also).

So the question is, would having no keep alive be the best case for us, and if so, is it even possible to do this in glassfish v2? If not, then what should be the best tuning parameters otherwise?

Thanks,
Jesse.
[Message sent by forum member 'nzjess' (nzjess)]