users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Watch what you are logging

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:32:20 PDT

I think the issue is with the logger/exception handler that you use to output the message. Because it is trying to format the message. Simple console outputs should work fine

I just got the same error while using Java 1.4.2 on a Weblogic 8.1 server... one of our web services threw an IO exception, which was being written to a log file via the EMC Documentum (TM)'s DfException library. The IO exception message had an embedded "{javaType=java.lang.String}" in it.
[Message sent by forum member 'nikhilw' (nikhilw)]