users@glassfish.java.net

Security realm not accessible by virtual server?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:49:10 PDT

Hi,

I have a JAX-RPC web service deployed as a war to GlassFish V2UR2. It is accessible from port 8080 and 8181 on the default "server" virtual server. It uses a security realm (file) for HTTP BASIC authentication, and works well.

I added a new virtual server and http listener on port 8443 with SSL support, then told the web service that it should use the new virtual server. I restarted GlassFish then try to access the WSDL of the service. It prompts for username and password, then gives me 403 Forbidden. If I remove the virtual server and put things back the way they were, then it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan
[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante' (rdelaplante)]