users@glassfish.java.net

Problems starting and stopping domain

From: Aaron Axelsen <lists_at_frozenpc.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:20:36 -0500

I'm seeing the following error when trying to start domain1 on a fresh
install of the latest promoted build (b52).

./asadmin start-domain

Domain (domain1) did not respond in 90 seconds. It means it is still
coming up
or it has failed to come up. Check server.log for details.

The domain does start though. I do not see any warnings or errors in
the server.log file either.

However, when I goto stop the domain, I get the following

./asadmin stop-domain
CLI306 Warning - server is not running.
Command stop-domain executed successfully.

For some reason it fails to find the running domain and does not stop
it. This happens with new domains that are created as well. Does
anyone have any thoughts on this?

--
Aaron Axelsen
lists_at_frozenpc.net