users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Java EE 6 - context propagation in _at_Asynchronous ??

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:10:09 -0700

This is what the spec says:

4.5.3 Transactions
Client transaction context does not propagate with an asynchronous method
invocation. From the Bean Developer’s view, there is never a transaction context
flowing in from the client. This means, for example,
that the semantics of the REQUIRED transaction attribute on an asynchronous
method are exactly the same as REQUIRES_NEW.

HTH,
-marina