users@glassfish.java.net

_at_Lob

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 23:42:11 PDT

I am using gf 2.1, Toplink to MySQL. I have a collection Vplist in my entity bean VpPairList and use @Lob when declaring it. The schema is correctly created with the column as BLOB. My session bean creates the entity correctly and it works. But for some processing, the session bean hits an exception saying that the data is too long:

Internal Exception: com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'VPLIST' at row 1
Error Code: 0
Call: INSERT INTO VPPAIRLIST (ID, VPLIST) VALUES (?, ?)

I saw people discussing putting a binary file into a BLOB. So I expect there shouldn't be any limitation on the size of BLOB. Besides, my VpList isn't realy that large (it worked great previously when it was a String working in java client, JDO and MySQL. This was before I move the logic to a session bean). Or is the limitation in Toplink? How can I make it work?
[Message sent by forum member 'senderj' (senderj)]