users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Clustering across 2 Nodes and In Memory Replication

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:03:48 PDT

I've been testing Glassfish 2.1 and its in memory replication abilities in a cluster. In my first test, it was very simple.

I had 1 node and created instance1 and instance2 on that node using the nodeagent on that node as well. The 2 instances were placed into a cluster on that single node. I deployed the clusterjp sample application. I tested in memory replication by entering session data into instance1 and then stopped instance1. When I pulled up instance 2 in the browser, the session data from instance 1 was there, just as I wanted. So it appeared in memory replication was working when everything is on the single node. However, this is of little use.

Next, I setup 2 nodes. Node1 and Node2. Node 1 has DAS, instance1, nodeagent1. Node 2 has instance2 and nodeagent2. Both instance1 and instance2 have been added to the cluster, mycluster. Once again, I deploy the clusterjsp application to the mycluster. I performed the same in memory replication test as I had previously done, but this time it appears instance 2 does not get the data from instance 1 when instance 1 is stopped.

Does the 2 node scenario for clustering and in memory replication require a web server front end with load balancing or should the in memory replication work in this basic scenario without the need for a web server front and and load balancing module? I have modified my cluster profile under the Availability Service for Web Container to be both persistence type = memory and replicated, but this has not worked.

Can anyone provide some assistance?
[Message sent by forum member 'radiusmax' (radiusmax)]