users@glassfish.java.net

add certificate to application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:43:37 PDT

A while back we had problems restarting our sun java system appserver 8.1, so we had to fallback to another installation of the appserver on the same machine. We setup the web-apps to point to their original home directories in the downed appserver. This is working fine, but we need to set up some of our apps to use SSL. The certificate database from the downed appserver seems to be intact... all related files were in the domain's config directory. Is it possible to re-use those files for the running appserv. The running appserver just requires adding the certificate nickname... but is this nickname global to the whole server or is it only visible within the config directory?

thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'black_lotus' (black_lotus)]