users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Delivery of JMS message in case of distributed transaction

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:52:29 PDT

You mean to switch the built-in Transaction Manager of Glassfish for another one? I don't know if this is possible.

My problem boils down to the fact that there is no way to make a distributed transaction absolutely atomic. At a point in time, the transaction manager will call commit on resource A, then on resource B. The interval between both calls can be extremely short, but there will always be a moment where A is committed and B isn't.
[Message sent by forum member 'ewernli' (ewernli)]