users@glassfish.java.net

EJB web service from WSDL doesn't work with external XSD

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 02:11:39 PDT

Hi,

I have a WSDL file that imports an XSD file (both attached, they originate from the book "SOA in Practice" but I've extracted the schema myself).
In Netbeans I have an EJB Module project, and I use the "Web Service from WSDL" feature to create an EJB based on this WSDL file - the only change I make is to turn off the wrapped style and to write a trivial body to the function.

When the web service is called all of the fields (in this example there is only one, I've got a bigger WSDL with more) in the GetCustomerAddress object are null.

Before I extracted the XSD into a separate file the web service worked correctly - the fields were not null.

Is this a known issue?
Is there any workaround?
Have I done something invalid in extracting the XSD?

I've used both .net and java clients, the problem is not at the client end (the XML sent for internal and external XSD should be, and is, the same).

Thanks for any pointers.

Jim
[Message sent by forum member 'jtalbut' (jtalbut)]