users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v3 Preview Installation Issue on Linux

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:59:46 PDT

Hello,

having some trouble to get through the Glassfish installation of v3 Preview:

I'm not able to get through the Administration Settings screen of the installation wizard. I try to keep the default port numbers in the fields "Admin Port" and "HTTP Port" (4848 and 8080) - by pressing the "Next" button both fields are marked red with validation errors. Two error messages are displayed saying:

[Admin Port]*[{0} {1}]: Host name not found
[HTTP Port]*[{0} {1}]: Host name not found

Further proceeding the installation process is not possible because of the validation errors. Has anybody got an idea how to solve this problem? Thank you very much

Attached you will find the screenshots showing the problem.

steve
[Message sent by forum member 'steve25k' (steve25k)]