users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Installation Failed with no message

From: Ben Dewey <Ben.Dewey_at_26ny.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:23:09 -0400

I'm have trying to install Glassfish v2.1 on my x64 Windows 2008 VMWare Server.

I've downloaded the following (from http://www.sun.com/software/products/appsrvr/get_it.jsp): sges-2_1-windows.exe

My JAVA_HOME is set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14.

When launching the setup I get a "could not find the required version of the Java Runtime ..." message.

If I run:

> sges-2_1-windows.exe -javahome "%JAVA_HOME%"

I get a launching Java Runtime message that goes away with no error message or anything.

Does anyone know why I'm having these issues? Is there a log file somewhere that I can check (I couldn't find anything in MS Event Viewer)?

-Ben Dewey