users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dynamic Reload not working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:45:18 PDT

I see. That could be a problem then. I'm pretty sure there's only one host involved, though I believe there are 3 'instances' installed on that host. I don't think there's any clustering going on, but if it's only based on the type of install chosen at installation time then I think we're in trouble.

If this isn't possible then how can we make changes to our configuration? At the moment we have a configuration file for an application contained within the war/ear. Our customer would like to be able to update the config file and load the changes into the application server without having to redeploy the war. How is this situation usually resolved? Do we need to hard code the location of a config file in a directory external to the war/ear?
[Message sent by forum member 'mj3' (mj3)]