users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to disable PHP, Perl, etc in GlassFish

From: Jacob Kessler <Jacob.Kessler_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:50:42 -0700

Speaking only for the JRuby and Jython containers (which I work on),
those are not loaded until you attempt to deploy an application that
attempts to make use of them. I would suspect that other scripting
languages work similarly, because of OSGI. Thus, they are off (and not
even loaded into the VM)by default unless you attempt to deploy a
PHP/Perl/JRuby/Jython application, and pose no security risk whatsoever.