users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Command start-domain failed: Error in domain.xml (glassfish v3 Preview 47b)

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:55:26 -0400

$GLASSFISH_HOME/setup.xml
<property name="admin.port" value="4848"/>

check to make sure the admin port is not bound to another process

netstat -ab | grep 4848
  TCP LOCALHOST:4848 LOCALHOST:0 LISTENING 4144

as you can see another process has already bound admin port 4848
in which case i can either
change admin.port value in
$GLASSFISH_HOME/setup.xml

<property name="admin.port" value="4848"/>
to another port

OR quiesce the process (in my case the process id is 4144)

HTH
Martin Gainty