users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2.1 on Solaris not responding

From: dderry <Dave.Derry_at_Equifax.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 04:05:40 -0700 (PDT)

Good catch Sathyan. Actually what happened there is that prior to posting
this message I reconfigured glassfish to use port 4848 for admin to make
sure that the problem wasn't with port 8043. I didn't expect port 8043 to be
a problem because I am able to access another server on that box on port
8080, but you never know. We have encountered issues before on various boxes
with ports not being opened.

I have scanned for ports in use, and checked the logs on startup to confirm
that there are no port conflicts. Because this is a shared development box I
don't have the authority to shutdown any running servers that are not my
own. I have an instance of Hudson running, and an instance of Resin
supporting MediaWiki. There are no issues accessing either of those.

Thanks,
Dave