users@glassfish.java.net

Re: In-memory replication partly working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:00:53 PDT

Hi Joe,

honored to have you on my thread :-)

Regarding your multicast tests: while they assisted me in the Linux case, they confused me in the Solaris/Sparc, as for Sparc their results are different from what the 'C' multicast socket demonstrator indicates. I can't say much more at the moment because I haven't found the time to compare both at source level. I'll come back to that later on.

If test-mcast* is not at JXTA level in Shoal, are there any tests that are? If not, I'd strongly suggest to add JXTA level tests to Shoal or, maybe even better, to Glassfish, to make Clustering problems easier to detect and fix.

For the time being, any code snipped would be highly welcome to write my own test, though...

Cheers
 Mobi.
[Message sent by forum member 'mobiwan' (mobiwan)]