users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Set Principal in WEB Container upon custom Login

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 05:27:21 PDT

I developed a custom real and a custom login. It is working fine.
I do the login using my custom login in one of my JSF pages.
It is modular and works in a WAR module. I am very happy of it.

The issue is that I don't now how to pass this info to the EJB I call.
My Web pages(servlet...) are not recognized as authenticated (Principal is null...) and the principal passed along with the EJB call is the 'ANONYMOUS'.

I tried the "secure-converter" example from the J2EE Tutorial and the problem is the same.
Using the application client, the authentication happens and the Principal is correctly set but using the web interface, the Principal is null.

I think I am missing some configuration in my Web App but I don't know what.
[Message sent by forum member 'bencal' (bencal)]