users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Multiple web-apps, Domains

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 16:59:23 -0700

On 06/ 4/09 03:35 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

>> The V2.1 only appends the jsessionid to the url, if
>> the particular app runs either in context root / or
>> if the main applett carries the same name as the
>> package itself (war-file-name).
>>
>> If you have to deny cookies for security reasons
>> you'll go precisely through a surprise.
>>

> What does this have to do with virtual servers? How is this a bug? How is this a security issue?

I agree with Wolfram (thanks, Wolfram and Martin, for stepping in).

I'm actually having a hard time understanding what Dave meant.

Dave, can you give an example where a JSESSIONID was not appended
to a URL when you thought it should have been?

If you have a webapp ("mywebapp.war") deployed at "/mywebapp", and you're
accessing a resource in "mywebapp.war" that creates an HTTP session,
then the session's
JSESSIONID will be appended to only those URIs that also start with
"/mywebapp",
because sessions are scoped to webapps.

For example, if you are redirecting to a URI that starts with
"/myotherwebapp", then the
JSESSIONID will not be appended, because you'll be crossing webapp (and
therefore
session manager) boundaries.

Does this answer your question?

Jan