users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JNI/CompositeApp/Glassfish

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:18:52 +0530

Just because the spec says "don't do it" does not necessarily mean "it
will not work." I am not familiar with CompositeApps, so I can't comment
on that. What I understand from your problem description is your main
issue is to call JNI from an EJB. I don't understand why that will not
work. Write a simple test program and see if it works. There are certain
things that does not work when it comes to shared libraries. A shared
library can;t be confined to namespace of a classloader, so if you
deploy multiple same library multiple times, things may not work. But
then, I don't think you are trying to do that.

Secondly why do you care about memory leak if you are just showing some
feature? That can be independently addressed, no?

Sahoo