users@glassfish.java.net

Installing a Signed Certificate...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 00:24:07 PDT

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to glassfish and web servers overall and would appreciate some help on this problem i've been having.

I've created a CSR and sent it out for signing with Comodo, and they sent me back 5 certificates, one of them would be the certificate i wanted signed and the rest are root, intermediary and essential certificates.

I've created a new domain using the asadmin create-domain --adminport 4848 NewDomain and started to install the certificates as indicated on the Comodo support for java web services using keytool.

keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias root -file AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt -keystore domain.key

where domain.key is the keystore.jks found under NewDomain/conf

After installing all the certificates i've used Glassfish admin on the domain to change the certificate to be used. Clicked on Configuration ? Http Service > Http Listeners > http-listener-2 > SSL ;; And changed the Certificate Nickname with alias used in CSR creation.

When i restarted i got the following error:

Alias name newdomain.com does not identify a key entry.

Could anyone please indicate the right way of doing things. I'm now kind of lost and couldn't find a post which actually helped me out...yet..

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Nick
[Message sent by forum member 'nformosa' (nformosa)]